V79 Cell BatteryTM
GenPharmTox BioTech AG offers many of its contract services using the unique V79 Cell BatteryTM.
The V79 Cell BatteryTM consists of a panel of recombinant V79 cell lines expressing a broad range of phase I- and / or phase II-enzymes relevant in the metabolism of xenobiotics.
GenPharmTox also provides cell homogenate and subcellular fractions of these recombinant V79 cell lines.
V79 cells provide unique biological properties:
- stable diploide karyotype
- cloning efficiency >90%
- doubling time <12 h
- stable morphology, robust culture
- no CYP background activity
- proven in toxicology since the 1960's
- recommended by the OECD guidelines
These properties make the V79 Cell BatteryTM an unique in vitro test system:
- Humanized: Humanized systems guarantee high predicitivity of in vitro results for the human situation
- Integrated: Integrated system with identical location of metabolism and toxicological endpoint
- Specific: Specificity enables to clarify metabolic pathways as well as mechanisms in toxicology
- Standardised: Standardised systems guarantee high reproducibility
- Easy to use: Stable and reproducible homogenous systems
- Economic: Excellent cost / benefit ratio due to improved data quality with high predictive value for the human situation
"A number of developments, including the construction of genetically engineered cell lines expressing specific activating enzymes, may provide the potential for endogenous activation. The choice of the cell lines used should be scientifically justified (e.g. by the relevance of the cytochrome P450 isoenzymes for the metabolism of the test substance)."