Cytotoxicity / Hepatotoxicity Test
Cytotoxicity is a well established and easily accessable endpoint to get first information on the general / acute toxic potential of a test item. In order to further investigate the possible involvement of metabolism and the mechanism of toxicity different test systems and / or endpoints shoul be investigated.
- low metabolic competence: V79 cells (parental)
- high metabolic competence: primary hepatocytes (see ADME / Species Comparison and Metabolite Profiling)
- specific metabolic competence: V79 Cell BatteryTM (see V79 Cell BatteryTM)
Three different endpoints for cytotoxicity can be measured:
- mitochondrial activity: MTT-Assay
- membrane integrity: Neutral Red Uptake
- total protein content: Sulforhodamine B-Assay
Please inquire for further test systems and endpoints.
Avanced Cytotoxicity / HepatotoxicityTest (V79 Cell BatteryTM)
The relative cell viability upon incubation with test item compared to the solvent control is determine (dose-effect curve and calculation of the EC50).
Quantity of test item required: 15 mg
Turnaround time of draft report : 10 working days
- recombinant V79 cells expressing phase I and / or phase II enzymes (see V79 Cell BatteryTM)
- internal metabolic activation
- ten concentrations of test item
- eight replicates
- incubation time: 24 to 72 h
- positive control
- negative control