The standard AMES test (bacterial reverse mutation test) is performed according to OECD guideline 471. Screening and ranking study designs are also available.
Please inquire for AMES II screening assay and AMES Prival modification.
Standard AMES Test (OECD 471)
The mutagenic potential of the test item in a bacterial test system is investigated (dose-effect curve, 5 S. typhimurium strains). The study design and documentation / reporting can be adopted to the requirements of the Japanese regulatory authorities.
Quantity of test item required: 2 g
Turnaround time of draft report : 20 working days
- five S. typhimurium strains: e.g. TA97a, TA98, TA100, TA102, TA1535 and / or TA 1537, TA1538, E.coli WP2 uvrA
- cytotoxicity amd solubility pre test
- w and w/o S9 (rat), preincubation assay
- five dose levels
- three plates per dose level
- four plates as viability control
- three plates per negative (vehicle) control
- three plates per positive control