The standard AMES Test (bacterial reverse mutation test) is performed according to OECD guideline 471. Screening and ranking study designs are also available.
Please inquire for AMES II screening assay and AMES Prival modification.
Screening AMES Test
The mutagenic potential of test item in a bacterial test system is investigated (single dose, 1 S. typhimurium strain).
Quantity of test item required: 30 mg
Turnaround time of draft report : 10 working days
- one S. typhimurium strain: e.g. TA97a, TA98, TA100, TA102, TA1535; TA 1537, TA1538, or E.coli WP2 uvrA
- one experiment w and w/o S9 (rat), preincubation assay
- one dose level
- three plates per dose level
- four plates as viability control
- three plates per negative (vehicle) control
- three plates per positive control
- report including documentations of signs for insolubility or cytotoxicity and number of revertant colonies