HIV-I / AIDS
The HIV-I / AIDS services are offered in co-operation with VivaCell.
HIV-I / AIDS: in vitro Services
In vitro testing methods include cell lines specific for HIV-I studies.
- Jurkat cells stably transfered with the luciferase gene directed by the LTR-HIV promoter
- MT-2 cells for infection with the HIV-I virus
- Tat-transfected cells, in vitro infection pf primary T cells
- determination of IC-50 for anti-HIV drugs using an artificial proviral clone
- inhibition of cell death by HIV-I in MT-2 cells (MTT assays)
- determination of p24 antigen in culture supernatants of primary T cells infected with HIV-I
- determination of the transcriptional activity of the LTR-HIV promoter by Tat and by TNFa
- determination of anti-HIV compounds targeting Tat/TAR interaction and RNA elongation
- determination of viral package in 293T cells