Identification of CYP isoforms involved in the metabolism of the test item in vitro.
The inhibitory effect of different specific CYP inhibitors on the metabolism of the test item in pooled human liver microsomes is investigated.
Quantity of test item required: 15 mg (pre-weighted)
Turnaround time of draft report: 15 working days
- range finding (optional)
- one concentration of pooled human liver microsomes
- one concentration of test item
- one time point
- one chemical inhibitor per CYP isoenzyme (one to three concentrations)
- positive control: incubations without inhibitor
- negative control: zero time point and/or no NADPH
- HPLC-DAD/FLD or LC-MS/MS or Radiodetection:
loss of parent compound and/or formation of selected metabolites and/or identification of major oxidative metabolites by mass relative to the parent compound